Monday, January 9, 2012

The Winds of Change

It has been incredibly windy up here in the great not-so-white north this winter. Today was no exception.

But, while it's true, I'm not really talking about the weather. And today I'm not talking about my state of mind or heart either. When I walked in the house from work today, this was the first thing I noticed:


Kelly started his days off today and he spent it not fishing, not working in the garage - but removing the tiles!! What a great surprise! More renovations on the go for 2012 in the Morton household! Along with new kitchen tiles (which we purchased a couple months ago but haven't had time to install until now), we plan to finish changing out our old wooden (brown) closet doors for white ones, finish painting the main floor (we only half finished because we needed to finish the pantry reno), and finally paint our only-primed baseboard and trim. And if we get that done before gardening season (ha!) then I have plenty-o-dreams for landscaping and gardening.

I'll be sure to post a picture of the "After" shot when it's done, but since you may not be familiar with the "Before," here it is:

(Brand-new-to-us 40-year-old 1000 sq ft home on 8.6 glorious, tree-and-creek-surrounded acres of heaven on earth, June 2007. The original "Before.")

We've come a long way already. Completed renovation projects include: removal of those obnoxious, right-in-the-way cupboards in the kitchen (within two days!), new appliances and counter tops; deck (front and side); basement walls, basement bathroom, basic restructure (moved a hallway) and flooring in the basement; new windows, more insulation and siding; wood stove; updated trim and closet doors; and a couple of paint jobs in the kitchen (it took a couple tries to get my desired color). And then there's the outdoor stuff...

Yep, the winds of change, they are a-blowin'. But this year, we've vowed to complete all in-progress projects before starting new ones.

Hmmm... if I count each of these as gifts (as I should!), I'm startin' to get up there! Time to go get that notebook and pen. Maybe this post has a bit to do with my state of heart after all. :)


1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I love transformation. I also love how you described your property. And, I love you... ;-)

    ReplyDelete