Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Power of a Song

The memory is a strange thing, don't you think?

A song, a scent, a taste... one little thing, expected or not, has the ability to take us back in an instant.

This afternoon my daughters put in some CDs for us to listen to while we played cards. I wasn't paying attention to what they put in. They dug out a few that have been neglected for years. When Tiggerific (from Tigger.Mania Disney CD) started playing, I found myself in the past, to a time when two chubby-cheeked toddlers would beg to hear the CD again, and again, and again...



Oh how they LOVED their Tigger! That was nine years ago already. NINE!

I am feeling particularly nostalgic today, so I couldn't help but smile and remember their cute little moves - and then phone my sister to play the song for her.

So many more memories to be thankful for, so many more gifts to remember fondly.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet little munchkins! Thanks for sharing your walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete